If something is not clear, or you would like me to discuss specific topics, or you are an expert formulator and you found mistakes in what I wrote, please let me know!
Please be fair: don’t copy and paste my content without crediting me as author and linking to my blog. Show some respect for all this work that I’ve been doing for YOU and for FREE!
Here are all the theory articles that can help you learning to formulate your DIY cosmetics
The page will be updated as soon as I add new resources. Titles in italics are in preparation and will be available soon.
- Who is the “chemistry course for formulation hobbyists” for
- Why do I do this for free?
- Before you make your hands dirty
- Where do I buy stuff to make cosmetics?
- Can you sell homemade cosmetics in Europe?
- Useful links
Formulation (theory and practice)
Making Creams Series
Solid Shampoo Series
Other product types
- Some analytical chemistry concepts: Units of measurement, Concentration, pH
- Hydrating ingredients
- Surfactants: Cleansers and Emulsifiers
- Dyes, pigments and how NOT to formulate makeup products
The Fat Side of the Cream:
- I: Emollients
- II: Physical properties of emollients and impact on the final product
- III: Approaches to emollient blending